$13.65 per hr
Bargaining Unit Position
- Have the personal qualities to work with children under supervision and the ability to relate to parents, staff and the community in which the children live, bi-lingual skills where appropriate; and
- Be 21 years of age; and
- Meet the Department of Early Education and Care requirements for pre-school teacher; or
- Have an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Possess valid CPR & First Aid Training Certificate.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Plans and arranges all necessary materials for daily lesson plans in conjunction with the Lead Teacher.
- Assumes full responsibility for the class and program in the absence of the Lead Teacher.
- Cooperates with Lead Teacher in keeping the classroom, all equipment and supplies in good order.
- Attends and participates in regular conferences with Lead Teacher and other designated staff to plan and evaluate the program.
- Provides care and protection of all children in the Center.
- Supervises lunch and nap time in cooperation with Lead Teacher.
- Uses community and program resources to help supplement the classroom program.
- Maintains classroom records as required.
- Attends all Center staff and parent meetings, as scheduled.
- Participates in parent conferences, as scheduled.
- Communicates with the Lead Teacher and/or Director or other designated individuals’ pertinent information with regard to families and children.
- Maintains a sound, positive, working relationship with parents, staff and other adults in the Center.
- Carries out other duties as designated by Center Director or Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) regulations.
- Assists in development and implementation of behavior management program to the needs of children in care.
- Responsible for van monitor duties, as required.
- Presents testimony at court proceedings.