Special Education Aide/ 1:1
- Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred
- Department of Early Education and Care Teacher Preschool certificate
- Obtain and maintain current certificate in First Aid and CPR within two (2) months of
Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a preschool program setting is required.
- Experience working with children with special needs.
- Computer Literacy: Word, Excel, Outlook proficient.
- Familiarity with Individual Educational Plans (IEPs).
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Strong communication, verbal, writing, effective problem-solving skills, and the ability to work in a diverse workplace.
- Knowledge and sensitivity to childcare issues of low-income, at-risk children and families.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in a professional manner.
- Ability and willingness to work as a team member.
- Comfortable with observation, for professional, classroom and agency growth.
- Pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 119, Section 51A you are a mandated reporter and held to the statutory reporting requirements.
- Responsible for supporting an individual child in successfully navigating and participating in a preschool classroom experience. This may include, but is not limited to; mealtimes, toileting, interactions with other children, transitions, and activities designated in their IEP.
- Must continuously stoop, crawl, kneel, and bend in order to speak to children at the child’s eye level and to play with children indoors and outdoors.
- Continuously maintain visual and auditory supervision of children at all times to ensure their safety in all environments.
- Maintain strong relationships with each child assuring supports are in place as designated by their IEP.
- Monitor the classroom to maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- To work as a member of a team with others in the classroom and the program staff by problem-solving and using effective communication skills.
- Maintain both daily written and verbal communication with parents/guardians, as applicable.
- Communicate any questions, problems, or concerns to Center Director.
- Establish positive and productive relationships with families.
- Monitor ongoing progress of children through observation and documentation.
- Occasionally required to lift or move average weight material in the classroom.
- Occasionally required to lift, carry and hold children 20-70 pounds.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision Insurance
- 8-hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Springfield, MA 01118: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person