- Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred
- Department of Early Education and Care Teacher Preschool certificate.
- Obtain and maintain current certificate in First Aid and CPR within two (2) months of employment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in a Preschool program setting required.
- Experience working with children with special needs.
- Computer Literacy: Word, Excel, Outlook proficient.
- Familiarity with Individual Educational Plans (IEP’s).
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Strong communication, verbal, writing, effective problem solving skills, and the ability to work in a diverse workplace.
- Knowledge and sensitivity to child care issues of low income, at-risk children and families.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in a professional manner.
- Ability and willingness to work as a team member.
- Comfortable with observation, for professional, classroom and agency growth.
- Pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 119, Section 51A you are a mandated reporter and held to the statutory reporting requirements.
- Responsible for supporting an individual child in successfully navigating and participating in a preschool classroom experience. This may include, but is not limited to; mealtimes, toileting, interactions with other children, transitions, and activities designated in their IEP.
- Must continuously stoop, crawl, kneel, and bend in order to speak to children at the child’s eye level and to play with children indoors and outdoors.
- Continuously maintain visual and auditory supervision of children at all times to ensure their safety in all environments.
- Maintain strong relationships with each child assuring supports are in place as designated by their IEP.
- Monitor the classroom to maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- To work as a member of a team with others in the classroom and the program staff by problem-solving and using effective communication skills.
- Maintain both daily written and verbal communication with parents/guardians, as applicable.
- Communicate any questions, problems, or concerns to Center Director.
- Establish positive and productive relationships with families.
- Monitor ongoing progress of children through observation and documentation.
- Occasionally required to lift or move average weight material in the classroom.
- Occasionally required to lift, carry and hold children 20-70 pounds.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
- Background Record Check as required.
- Complete new employee orientation.
- Every employee is expected to respect and interact in a positive manner with co-workers, program, participants and the public at large.
- 40 hours per week. Length of assignment TBD.
TO APPLY E-MAIL RESUME DIRECT TO: Squareonejobs@sdn.org