30 hours per week / Summer Only
- Master’s Degree in Elementary Education/Special Education
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with working with school age children and children with special needs
- Experience with remote learning
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficiency in Zoom, Google classroom, Schoolology, IXL, Clever
- Familiarity with Individual Educational Plans (IEP’s)
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Strong communication, verbal, writing, effective problem solving skills, and the ability to work in a diverse workplace.
- Knowledge and sensitivity to child care issues of low income, at-risk children and families.
- Effective and strong classroom/time management skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in a professional manner.
- Pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 119, Section 51A you are a mandated reporter and held to the statutory reporting requirements.
- Supporting remote learners during class time (Zoom) and completing any necessary assignments.
- Continuously maintain visual and auditory supervision of children at all times.
- Establish positive and productive relationships with families.
- Communicate any questions, problems, or concerns to the Program Administrator.
- Maintain strong relationships with each child assuring supports are in place as designated in their IEP.
- To work as a member of a team with others in the classroom by problem-solving and using effective communication skills.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
- Responsible for providing direction of teaching techniques and behavior management techniques to other classroom teaching staff.
- Occasionally required to lift, carry and hold children 20-70 pounds.
- Background Record Check as required.
- Every employee is expected to respect and interact in a positive manner with co-workers, program, participants and the public at large.