School-Age Child Care Assistant Group Leader
- Be at least 16 years of age and actively enrolled in an approved EEC vocational program in Early Childhood Education or must be 18 years of age with a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Have the personal qualities to work with school-age children under supervision. and the ability to relate well to children, parents, staff, and the community in which the children live: bi-lingual where appropriate.
- Relates well with children and staff.
- Able to successfully complete a Background Record Check.
- Must be First-Aid and CPR Certified and meet the EEC health care requirements.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Cooperates with Group Leader in planning. implementing and evaluating program activities.
- Assumes full responsibility for the group and the program in the absence of the Group Leader.
- Keeps the designated spaces, equipment and supplies clean and in order.
- Plans and arranges all necessary materials for daily activities in conjunction with the Group Leader.
- Provides care and protection for all children in the Center.
- Accesses community and program resources to help develop the SACC program.
- Maintains program records as required.
- Attends staff and parent meetings. as scheduled.
- Participate in parent conferences, as scheduled.
- Communicates with the Site Coordinator, or other designated persons, pertinent information with regard to families and children.
- Maintains a sound positive working relationship with parents, staff, and other adults within the Center.
Job Type: Full- Time/ Part- Time (15hrs-40hrs)
Pay: $15.90 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Springfield, MA 01118: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
LOCATION: 1590 Sumner Ave, Springfield, MA – (In person)