Base Salary: $13.50hr
Bargaining Unit Position
- Be at least 16 years of age and actively enrolled in an approved EEC vocational program in Early Childhood Education or must be 18 years of age with a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Have the personal qualities to work with school-age children under supervision, and the ability to relate well to children, parents, staff and the community in children the children live; bi-lingual where appropriate.
- Relates well with children and staff.
- Able to produce successfully complete a Background Record Check.
- Must be First-Aid and CPR Certified and meet the EEC health care requirements.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Cooperates with Group Leader in planning, implementing and evaluating program activities.
- Assumes full responsibility for the group and the program in the absence of the Group Leader.
- Keeps the designated spaces, equipment and supplies clean and in order.
- Plans and arranges all necessary materials for daily activities in conjunction with the Group Leader.
- Provides care and protection for all children in the Center.
- Accesses community and program resources to help develop the SACC program.
- Maintains program records as required.
- Attends staff and parent meetings, as scheduled.
- Participates in parent conferences, as scheduled.
- Communicates with the Site Coordinator, or other designated persons, pertinent information with regard to families and children.
- Maintains a sound, positive working relationship with parents, staff and other adults within the Center.