1. High School Diploma or GED equivalent
2. Six months of experience in performing receptionist or general clerical duties; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
3. The ability to communicate in Spanish/English is preferred, including spelling, grammar and punctuation;
4. Clerical coursework, accurate typing and computer skills
5. Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system, computer and other standard office equipment; 6. Ability to handle a high volume of telephone calls with courtesy, speed and accuracy; 7. Good interpersonal skills:
a. maintain effective working relationships with Square One staff and those encountered in the course of work;
b. Communicate with the public in a courteous and professional manner by telephone and in person;
8. Ability to work independently with general supervision;
9. Understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this position.
1. Using a multi-line telephone, answers and appropriately routes all incoming calls
2. Receive and greets visitors at King St. Center.
3. Direct visitors to their proper destination;
4. Security of building – ensuring that only authorized individuals are allowed access to building
5. Performs general administrative duties:
6. Assist other administrative staff with overflow work, including gathering supplies, making copies, distributing materials, word processing, data entry and internet research.
7. Sorting and distributing incoming mail
8. Monitor paper and restock fax and copier as needed
9. Providing back up reception duties for the Center Director at King St. during absences due to sick days, vacation time etc. Also provide lunchtime coverage. 10. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor