TITLE: PRESCHOOL TEACHER
• Have the personal qualities to work with children under supervision and the ability to relate to parents, staff and the community in which the children live, bi-lingual skills where appropriate; and
• Be 21 years of age; and
• Meet the Department of Early Education and Care requirements for pre-school and
• Preferred; Have an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
• Possess valid CPR & First Aid Training Certificate.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Plans and arranges all necessary materials for daily lesson plans in conjunction with the Lead Teacher.
• Assumes full responsibility for the class and program in the absence of the Lead Teacher.
• Cooperates with Lead Teacher in keeping the classroom, all equipment and supplies in good order.
• Attends and participates in regular conferences with Lead Teacher and other designated staff to plan and evaluate the program.
• Provides care and protection of all children in the center.
• Supervises lunch and nap time in cooperation with Lead Teacher.
• Uses community and program resources to help supplement the classroom program.
• Maintains classroom records as required.
• Attends all center staff and parent meetings, as scheduled.
• Participates in parent conferences, as scheduled.
• Communicates with the Lead Teacher and/or Director or other designated individuals’ pertinent information with regard to families and children.
• Maintains a sound, positive, working relationship with parents, staff and other adults in the Center.
• Carries out other duties as designated by Center Director or Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) regulations.
• Assists in development and implementation of behavior management program to meet the needs of children in care.
• Responsible for van monitor duties, as required.
• Presents testimony at court proceedings.
Signature Date Revised 3/2022