Parents as Teachers Senior Family Support Specialist
- High School Diploma or GED is required; Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or Minimum of two (2) years of job-related experience with increasing levels of responsibility, preferred.
- Experience providing support to families with young children.
- Familiar with and able to work from a strengths-based, family-centered approach.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, including the ability to work well with a wide range of families and service providers.
- Basic computer proficiency skills are required to record and track activities, contacts and referrals.
- Valid Driver’s license and use of a vehicle is required.
- Bi-lingual strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and familiarity with DCF is preferred.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Create and adapt lessons and instructional delivery for children and parents providing children and families with instruction that meets individual developmental levels using nationally approved, research-based home visitation curriculum, Parents as Teachers Foundational and Model Implementation along with Parents as Teachers Foundational 2 (3-K).
- Prepare a variety of documents, reports and written materials communicating information to parents, and receiving school and agencies, providing written support, developing recommendations and/or conveying information on child development.
- Administer annual formal and informal screenings and assessments on children and families.
- Interpret and utilize information from screenings and assessments to refer families and children to appropriate school and community resources.
- Communicate with parents and/or legal guardians regarding children’s developmental progress engaging stakeholders in the child’s education and development.
- Maintain a variety of confidential and non-confidential manual and electronic lists and records documenting and/or providing reliable information.
- Participate in parent workshops and meetings enhancing parents’ learning how to teach their children and developing involvement their child’s preschool activities.
- Participate in a variety of meetings and on-going professional development conveying and/or gathering information required to perform the job’s function.
- Respond to inquiries from a variety of sources resolving issues and/or providing direction.
- Manage a caseload of 10-12 families. Use information gathered from personal visits, screenings and assessments to determine the frequency and intensity of visits for each family.
- Perform other related duties as required/assigned.
Job Type: Full- Time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Springfield, MA 01118: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
LOCATION: 250 King Street, Springfield, MA – (In person)