- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, or related field plus 3 years experience in working with families with young children in a community based agency. Or High School Diploma and 5 years’ experience working with families with young children.
- Ability to multitask, strong attention to detail and organization; ability to prioritize and complete tasks prior to deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively and as a member of a team. Must conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, explore and respond to the needs of families from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Desire to continually learn and improve skills through training and use of reflective supervision.
- Requires reliable transportation to travel participants’ homes and training programs throughout the area.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Bilingual skills in both English & Spanish are strongly preferred.
- Flexible hours are necessary.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The Parents As Teachers Senior Family Support Specialist will perform a variety of tasks that may include, but which are not limited to:
- Engage mothers and fathers in home visiting services using a strength-based approach and according to Parents As Teachers requirements.
- Work collaboratively with program participants to set family goals, strategies and monitors successes and outcome
- Connect families to needed community resources.
- Assist with planning, preparation and providing parent groups.
- Complete all record-keeping as required by Square One and by Parents As Teachers.
- Assist in Mentoring Family Support Specialists.
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality of documents, discussions, resources and information when working with families.
- Actively participate in required trainings and meetings as determined by Square One and by Parents As Teachers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time during working hours and on special occasions.
- Ability to effectively utilize computer software programs with proven ability to have manual dexterity to maintain specific databases and reports.
- Excellent auditory, verbal and sensory skills and abilities.
- Ability to travel to and from homes in the Parents As Teachers catchment area by conventional means including motor vehicle and the like in addition to required training sessions as identified by Square One and Parents As Teachers.
Mental/ Visual Demand
- High attention to detail involving normal mental and visual attention.
- Professional business office setting.