OUT OF SCHOOL TIME (OST) PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR
- Have the personal qualities and the ability to relate well with parents, staff, outside agencies, and the community in which the children live.
- Must meet EEC requirements for a School Age Program Administrator.
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education or related field with at least two years experience working with school age children with administrative experience for at least six months or have evidence of satisfactory completion of nine credits in management or administrative subject areas from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and abilities.
- Computer proficiency skills in MS office.
- Flexible schedule to meet the operational needs of the program.
- Demonstrate flexibility, self-direction and attention to detail in prioritizing and completing task assignments.
- Ability to have reliable transportation to travel to all Square One facilities and school age program sites.
- Must successfully complete a BRC.
- Must possess and maintain valid First Aid and CPR certification.
- Plan, develop and implement the daily program designed to meet the social, health, emotional, cognitive physical and recreational needs of children within the framework of the stated agency policy.
- Supervise school age program sites regularly to confer with staff regarding enrollment, program operation, behavior management, licensing documentation, and curriculum development.
- Coordinate physical and recreational activities for school age students including the development of lesson plans and guidance for staff implementation.
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining EEC licensing documentation for school age programs.
- Conduct observations, professional development training and mentoring of OST staff. Participate and share best practices and new trends in the field to assist in program planning and weekly staff meetings.
- Assist in hiring, provide direct supervision and evaluation, and when necessary, dismiss staff in consultation with other appropriate supervisory personnel i.e., Director of Human Resources.
- Coordinate and monitor annual enrollment with Square One Enrollment staff and Site Coordinators. Update and maintain accurate program rosters and enrollment paperwork for sites to comply with DEEC and meet required deadlines. Handle and maintain private and confidential paperwork and appropriately store information electronically or manually as directed.
- Provide consistent communication and positive relationships with parents and caregivers working to identify individual preferred methods including voice calls, texts or emails.
- Oversee and monitor the schedule of parent conferences to meet EEC compliance standards. Assist and be available for conferences with parents, as needed.
- Attend conferences, workshops, seminars; visit other programs to enhance and advance the school age programming.
- Attend community events to promote school age programs. Develop promotional materials and work with the Development Department to advertise and market school age programs.
- Assist with program development and implementation for grant funded projects.
- Assist with monitoring grants to support the OST program
- Supervise or carry out all purchasing of supplies and equipment in consultation with other appropriate program personnel.
- In emergency situations, provide staff coverage at OST programs.
- Conduct regular staff meetings and also meet with the supervisor to plan and evaluate program needs.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Interested candidates should email resume to: Squareonejobs@sdn.org.