Nutrition Outreach Coordinator Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition or related field with at least two (2) years of experience working with educational institutions in administering a food program preferably in a child care setting.
- Working knowledge of current nutrition and healthy food guidelines including the incorporation of fresh fruit and vegetables in addition to the impact of food on child development.
- Possess personal qualities and the ability to relate well with parents, staff, outside agencies, and the community in which the children live.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and abilities.
- Computer proficiency skills in MS office (Word, Excel)
- Flexible schedule to meet the operational needs of the program.
- Demonstrate flexibility, self-direction and attention to detail in prioritizing and completing task assignments.
- Ability to have reliable transportation to travel to all Square One facilities and school age program sites.
- Must successfully complete a BRC
Description of Duties:
- Serve as the Square One MassUP Team Representative attending all collaborative meetings both local and statewide
- Coordinate and implement all MassUP Project activities including but not limited to recruiting parents to engage in community food justice advocacy and enrolling families in SNAP/HIP
- Educate families on benefits of SNAP/HIP and assist in enrollment and use
- Engage and coordinate a Family Advisory Subcommittee focused on healthy food for young children
- Develop Healthy Food and Nutrition Curriculum for Square One early education classrooms
- Responsible for CACFP food program administration including annual application, reporting, record review and compliance in order to meet USDA requirements
- Oversee and supervise Cook and Assistant Cook
- Assist in identifying food vendors for centers and programs in order to maintain a central food purchasing system
- Submit reports, contracts and billing information to designated staff and or funding sources.
- Makes recommendations regarding quality and appropriateness of food services including menu preparations at centers and programs.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay Rate: $35,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year, Great place to work!
TO APPLY E-MAIL RESUME DIRECT TO: Squareonejobs@sdn.org