Description of Duties:
The Manager of HR will support positive and effective employee and labor relations while maintaining ownership of policy development and compliance activities. The successful candidate will lead and manage efforts in various areas of expertise, including improved data reporting and interpretive analysis, discovery of trends and opportunities, and identification of leading practices. Recommend and administer Human Resource systems, which will promote employee engagement, efficient systems, and compliance. Manage and lead labor relations and ensure positive staff morale. Maintain compliance with all applicable governmental laws, regulations, and reporting requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties:
PERSONNEL: Maintain a positive working environment and a culture of equity and inclusion. Ensure efficient use of ADP HR & Benefits Management system
- Recruit excellent staff
- Develop and maintain new employee orientation process to foster positive attitude toward company mission and goals.
- Coordinate training to ensure a smooth onboarding process
- Identify professional development needs and opportunities for staff to ensure growth and retention
- Implement performance review and evaluation system
- Identify plans for corrective action and disciplinary action as needed
- Maintain policies and ensure policy awareness through annual trainings and acknowledgement systems
- Conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separation.
- Develop salary compensation scale
- Conduct periodic compensation review surveys
- Collect, evaluate, and report on HR data
- Function as the internal HR resource and support for supervisory personnel
LABOR RELATIONS: Serve as liaison to union
- Serve as second chair or chief negotiator during labor contract negotiations
- Provide interpretive guidance and serve as a content expert in regards to the contract
- Ensure ongoing compliance with the union contract
- Represent Employer at personnel related hearings and union grievances
- Conduct investigations
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable state and federal employment, labor, and benefit laws
BENEFITS: Oversee employee benefits programs including but not limited to health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, paid family and medical leave, retirement plans, paid time off, professional development.
- Conduct annual negotiations with benefits brokers to ensure competitive rates and coverage
- Manage unemployment eligibility, claims, prevent and contest when necessary
- Manage worker’s compensation claims
- Assist in plan administration for agency 403b tax deferred shelter plan.
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable benefits requirements and opportunities
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations and reporting
- Manage and minimize risk and exposure to the organization
- Other duties as required
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, labor relations, or related areas.
- SHRM, PHR or SPHR certificate highly advantageous.
- Five to seven years in a demonstrated HR leadership role
- Experience in labor relations and legal background is strongly preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, to communicate policies and procedures relate effectively with employees.
- Advanced knowledge of technology