- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) standards
- Ability to perform outlined tasks with minimum supervision
- Ability to prioritize projects
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Good organizational skills and record keeping skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to adapt to changes in routine or schedule.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other applications
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- AS Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree preferred AND/OR,
- Three or more years’ experience in accounting/bookkeeping position
- Experience with payroll
- Desired experience with ADP software
- Desired experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains appropriate knowledge of software including ADP, ProCare and Blackbaud
- Responsible for functions related to accounts receivable including: deposits, reconciliations, billing
- Assists with accounts payable as needed
- Responsible for bi-weekly payroll
- Responsible for parent fee billing and collections including scholarship requests
- Assists with month-end and year-end closing process. Provide necessary lead schedules and supporting work papers related to payroll and AR to the outside auditing firm as it relates to year-end audit.
- Serves as back up for other fiscal team members
- Performs other duties and specials projects as assigned.
- Responsible for agency petty cash and tracking of credit card use.
- Maintains finance files
- Prepares excel schedules for allocations and journal entries as needed