First Steps Together Supervisor
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, or related field plus 3 years’ experience in working with families in the community.
- Experience supporting whole families in their paths towards treatment and recovery from opiate use disorders– most especially pregnant and parenting women.
- Two years of supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership skills are required.
- Ability to multitask, strong attention to detail and organization; ability to prioritize and complete tasks prior to deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively and as a member of a team. Must conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- Currently trained, or ability to be trained, as a Recovery Coach Supervisor.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and respond to the needs of families from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Desire to continually learn and improve skills through training and use of reflective supervision.
- Requires reliable transportation to travel participants’ homes and training programs throughout the area.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Bilingual skills in both English & Spanish are strongly preferred.
- Flexible hours are necessary.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Provide leadership and responsibilities which include directing, coordinating, supporting and evaluating the performance of Family and Recovery Support Specialists to achieve other administrative duties.
- Mentor new staff, holding reflective supervisions with designated staff, and reviewing documentations and records. All work is to be completed with minimum supervision and in accordance with organizational standards.
- Provide reflective supervision and support to Family and Recovery Support staff, according DPH and SAMHSA.
- Engage families in home visiting services using a strength-based approach and according to MHVI and Parents at Teachers requirements.
- Provide reflective supervision to Recovery and Transitional Family Support Staff to support peer recovery education and support to families according to DPH and SAMHSA requirements.
- Support Recovery and Transitional Family Support Staff to use a formal goal-setting process to help families’ articulate family goals for recovery and reentry through one-on-one meetings.
- Work collaboratively and coordinate community partnerships with other providers to support evidence-based services to families in recovery.
- Regularly review and analyze electronic and paper records of program participants to ensure compliance with necessary data requirements and to ensure quality of services being provided.
- Pursue ongoing professional development, including training through DPH and SAMHSA as well as other needed trainings.
- Take a leadership role in planning, preparation and providing parent groups by assigning staff to needed tasks and ensuring overall oversight.
- Shadow Family Support Staff to ensure program quality is maintained and quality improvement measures are taken as needed.
- Coordinate and provide weekly team meetings.
- Evaluate Family Support Staff’s performance according to Square One policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in required trainings and meetings as determined by Square One and DPH and SAMHSA.
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality of documents, discussions, resources and information when working with families.
- Perform other duties assigned by the First Steps Together Coordinator.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time during working hours and on special occasions.
- Ability to effectively utilize computer software programs with proven ability to have manual dexterity to maintain specific databases and reports.
- Excellent auditory, verbal and sensory skills and abilities.
- Ability to travel by conventional means including motor vehicle and the like within the state and to other regions as required.
- High attention to detail involving normal mental and visual attention.
- Professional business office setting.
- Report to the Vice President of Family Services.
Job Type: Full- Time
Pay: $47,840.00 annually
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Springfield, MA 01118: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
LOCATION: 1095 Main Street, Springfield, MA – (In person)