- High School Diploma or GED is required; Recovery Coach Certification preferred.
- Familiar with and able to work from a strengths-based, family-centered approach.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, including the ability to work well with a wide range of families and service providers.
- Must have a minimum of three years in recovery from substance use addiction.
- Basic computer proficiency skills are required to record and track activities, contacts and referrals.
- Valid Driver’s license and use of a vehicle is required.
- Bi-lingual strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and familiarity with DCF is preferred.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Provide parenting and peer recovery education and support to families with children, prenatal through kindergarten, according to Parents as Teachers home visiting model requirements.
- Engage parents in services using Mothering from the Inside Out evidence- based approach.
- Use a formal goal-setting process to help parents articulate family goals for recovery through one-on-one meetings.
- Work collaboratively with other providers to support evidence-based services to families in recovery.
- Help families navigate the healthcare system and social service system; accompany parents/families to appointments and meetings as needed.
- Educate parents about child and parent development and utilize resources to increase understanding of age appropriate expectations, positive discipline skills, and connections to networks of support.
- Assist with planning, preparation and providing parent groups.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time during working hours and on special occasions.
- Excellent auditory, verbal and sensory skills and abilities.
- Ability to travel to and from homes in the Hamden County area by conventional means including motor vehicle, in addition to required training sessions as identified by Square One.
Mental/ Visual Demand
- High attention to detail involving normal mental and visual attention.
- Professional business office setting.