Families in Recovery Support (FIRST) Steps Together Clinical Coordinator
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, or related field plus 5 years’ experience in working at a community-based agency with families of young children.
- Two years’ supervisory experience and/or demonstrated leadership skills are required.
- Demonstrated competencies in the following areas: creative problem-solving skills, strong understanding of the principles of Trauma-Informed Care, strong teaching skills, leadership skills, visionary ability, opportunistic nature, and familiarity with external compliance rules and regulations.
- Experience supporting whole families in their paths towards treatment and recovery from All substance use disorders– most especially pregnant and parenting women.
- Currently trained, or ability to be trained, as Family Recovery Support Specialist Supervisor.
- Ability to multitask, strong attention to detail and organization; ability to prioritize and complete tasks prior to deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively and as a member of a team. Must conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and respond to the needs of families from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Desire to continually learn and improve skills through training and use of reflective supervision.
- Requires reliable transportation to travel to training programs and other sites throughout the area.
- Basic computer proficiency required.
- Bilingual skills in both English & Spanish are strongly preferred.
- Flexible hours are necessary.
DESCRPTION OF DUTIES:
- Provide individual reflective supervision and clinical support to Family Recovery Support Staff (FRSS) to support peer recovery education and support to families according to DPH and SAMHSA requirements.
- Provide professional development, and coordinate and facilitate weekly clinical support team meetings.
- Specific services include the following.
- Guidance to FRSS on specific participants or issues they encounter.
- Trauma informed support around active addiction.
- Active addiction recovery support.
- Secondary trauma for staff.
- Referrals to mental health services.
- Clinical supervision for Staff.
- Detox support for participants.
- Clinical supports for participants.
- Provide case consultation, assessment/evaluations, observations of family visits, review and assess the necessity of services (e.g., substance use treatment, counseling, anger management, etc.)
- Pursue ongoing professional development, including training offered through DPH, SAMSA and BSAS.
- Oversee the implementation of Mothering from the Inside Out (MIO) providing direct services to identified participants and supervising employees and/or contractors providing MIO services.
- Plan and facilitate regular FIRST Steps Together staff meetings to ensure program quality, consistency, and staff cohesion and morale.
- Along with Family Services Management staff, develop and facilitate meetings of the Square One Family Services Advisory Council.
- Evaluate staff performance according to Square One policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in required meetings and trainings as determined by Square One and by DPH.
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality of documents, discussions, resources and information when working with families.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Professional business office setting.
- High attention to detail involving normal mental and visual attention.
Job Type: Full-Time (40 hours)
Pay: $50,000 Annually
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Springfield, MA 01118: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
LOCATION: 1095 Main Street, Springfield, MA – (In person)