Posting dates: Thursday, August 29, 2019
Base Salary: $12.00hr
Bargaining Unit Position
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess high school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess valid Massachusetts Class III driver license for at least three (3) years. Possess valid Massachusetts 7D driver license or have the ability to obtain such a license.
- Possess valid CPR & First Aid Training Certificate.
- Ability to produce successfully completed Background Record Check and driving record check through the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Defensive driving skills. Ability to read and understand local street maps. Knowledge of Springfield and surrounding community streets.
- Have the personal qualities to interact appropriately with parents and children; have the ability to maintain order during the routes.
- Have the physical capabilities to bend, lift and secure children requiring such assistance.
- Punctual, dependable and able to work split shifts.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Performs daily safety check of vehicle and equipment, reporting any problems to Transportation Supervisor or van driver in charge immediately.
- Ensures that vehicle has adequate gasoline prior to beginning route.
- Reports any mechanical failures, repair or maintenance needs or supply replacement immediately to Transportation Supervisor or van driver in charge.
- Delivers and pick-up the vehicle for scheduled and emergency maintenance.
- Completes daily mileage log and expense logs.
- Completes daily route reports and de-briefs appropriate staff regarding issues, concerns, absences, problems.
- Deals effectively with behavior problems during the route. Reports any problems or concerns immediately toTransportation Supervisor or van driver in charge.
- Assists in seating and belting children upon entry to vehicle as specified in Department of Motor Vehicle bookletfor 7D drivers.
- Assists in unbelting and exiting the vehicle as needed and as specified in Department of Motor Vehicle booklet or 7D drivers.
- Implements agency transportation policies and procedures as set-out in the transportation contract established by Square One.
- Releases children only to individuals identified as approved for release; contact the office when in question.
- Returns child to site of placement when no approved release person is available to take child in afternoon.
- Contacts Corporate Office immediately when an emergency situation arises.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Transportation Supervisor.
Please apply in person or by mailing in your resume and cover letter to Square One, 1095 Main Street 2nd Floor; Springfield, MA 01105.
You may also e-mail your resume or cover letter to email@example.com
Square One is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Employer.
To Contact Us By Phone:
(413) 732-5183 Main Street/Administrative Offices
(413) 372-8020 King Street Location