Posting dates: Tuesday, March 26, 2019
Typical Work Schedule: M-F 35 hours a week
Base Salary: $12.00hr
Bargaining Unit Position
1. Have the personal qualities to work with children under supervision and the ability to relate to parents, staff and the community in which the children live, bi-lingual skills where appropriate; and
2. Be 21 years of age; and
3. Meet the Department of Early Education and Care requirements for pre-school and/or infant-toddler teacher; or
4. Have an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
5. Possess valid CPR & First Aid Training Certificate.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Plans and arranges all necessary materials for daily lesson plans in conjunction with the Lead Teacher.
2. Assumes full responsibility for the class and program in the absence of the Lead Teacher.
3. Cooperates with Lead Teacher in keeping the classroom, all equipment and supplies in good order.
4. Attends and participates in regular conferences with Lead Teacher and other designated staff to plan and evaluate the program.
5. Provides care and protection of all children in the Center.
6. Supervises lunch and nap time in cooperation with Lead Teacher.
7. Uses community and program resources to help supplement the classroom program.
8. Maintains classroom records as required.
9. Attends all Center staff and parent meetings, as scheduled.
10. Participates in parent conferences, as scheduled.
11. Communicates with the Lead Teacher and/or Director or other designated individuals’ pertinent information with regard to families and children.
12. Maintains a sound, positive, working relationship with parents, staff and other adults in the Center.
13. Carries out other duties as designated by Center Director or Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) regulations.
1. Assists in development and implementation of behavior management program to the needs of children in care.
2. Responsible for van monitor duties, as required.
3. Presents testimony at court proceedings.
Please apply in person or by mailing in your resume and cover letter to Square One, 1095 Main Street 2nd Floor; Springfield, MA 01105.
You may also e-mail your resume or cover letter to email@example.com
Square One is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Employer.
To Contact Us By Phone:
(413) 732-5183 Main Street/Administrative Offices
(413) 372-8020 King Street Location