Father Engagement Specialist
Posting #: 470
Posting dates: Thursday, July 25, 2019
Typical Work Schedule: M-F 40 hours a week
Base Salary: TBD
Non-Bargaining Unit Position
- High School Diploma plus 3 years of experience working with fathers and /or men, families or children, or an Associates Degree in Human Service/related field with experience working with fathers and/or men, families or children.
- Ability to very quickly establish rapport, develop trust, and maintain effective relationships and boundaries with fathers and families of cultural and linguistic backgrounds receiving services.
- Ability to multitask, strong attention to detail and organization; ability to prioritize and complete tasks prior to deadlines.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and as a member of a team. Must conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, explore and respond to the needs of families from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Desire to continually learn and improve skills through training and use of reflective supervision.
- Requires reliable transportation to travel participants’ homes and training programs throughout the area.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Bilingual skills in both English & Spanish are strongly preferred.
- Flexible hours are necessary.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The Healthy Families Father Engagement Specialist will perform a variety of tasks that may include, but which are not limited to:
- Engage first time mothers and fathers in home visiting services using a strength-based approach and according to Healthy Families America and Healthy Families Massachusetts requirements.
- Support peers in utilizing effective strategies to engage fathers in program services and community resources, including but not limited to, mental illness, substance abuse, housing, employment etc., that affect family well-being.
- Work collaboratively with program participants to set family goals and monitor and document the progress of said goals.
- Assist with planning, preparation and providing parent groups, effectively delivering father focused groups and events.
- Participate in community events, workgroups and committees to promote responsible fatherhood and the importance of fathers’ contribution to the safety, permanency and well-being of children.
- Complete all record-keeping as required by Square One and by Healthy Families Massachusetts.
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality of documents, discussions, resources and information when working with families.
- Actively participate in required trainings and meetings as determined by Square One and by Healthy Families Massachusetts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time during working hours and on special occasions.
- Ability to effectively utilize computer software programs with proven ability to have manual dexterity to maintain specific databases and reports.
- Excellent auditory, verbal and sensory skills and abilities.
- Ability to travel to and from homes in the Healthy Families catchment area by conventional means including motor vehicle and the like in addition to required training sessions as identified by Square One and Healthy Families Mass.
Mental/ Visual Demand
- High attention to detail involving normal mental and visual attention.
- Professional business office setting.
Please apply in person or by mailing in your resume and cover letter to Square One, 1095 Main Street 2nd Floor; Springfield, MA 01105.
You may also e-mail your resume or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Square One is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Employer.
To Contact Us By Phone:
(413) 732-5183 Main Street/Administrative Offices
(413) 372-8020 King Street Location