Family Services Administrative Assistant
Posting #: 469
Posting dates: Thursday, July 25, 2019
Typical Work Schedule: M-F 40 hours a week
Base Salary: TBD
Non-Bargaining Unit Position
1. High school diploma or equivalent; additional qualification as an Administrative Assistant will be a plus
2. At least three (3) years of related work experience
3. Ability to interact successfully with program participants and members of the team
4. Excellent skills in communication both orally and in writing along with appropriate phone etiquette
5. Bilingual abilities in English and Spanish
6. Working knowledge of office equipment, management systems and procedures
7. Excellent phone and interpersonal skills with a focus of strong organizational skills
8. Ability to type and operate various software programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
9. Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
10. Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality
12. Ability to adapt and relate to different personalities
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Prepares and processes confidential correspondence, forms, agendas, and general papers.
2. Composes routine correspondence, memos, letters, reports, detailed meeting notes etc.
3. Assist in preparation of regularly scheduled reports, with attention to detail.
4. Assists and maintains confidential departmental databases; researches, gathers, and analyzes data.
5. Regularly coordinates (including the physical set up, break down and ordering of food) the activities of the department,
including group activities and special events of all programs
6. Arranges conferences, trainings and meetings for staff; prepares and assembles materials and resources as needed.
7. Schedules and confirms appointments and arranges meetings for department management staff; screens phone calls;
maintains schedules and calendars
8. Develop monitor and retain inventory of department supplies, as necessary.
9. Organize and maintain Reward Store, as well as maintain a data base of items acquired by participants.
10. Support agency volunteers with clerical tasks.
11. Assist with the workstation set up for new hires and department’s onboarding process.
12. Assists with incoming program referrals, prepares for and participates in outreach events.
13. Assists and maintains discharge files, program curriculum and polices/procedures.
14. Work independently on special projects, as assigned by management team.
15. Liaise with Intake-Outreach Coordinator to handle requests and queries from senior managers.
16. Other duties as assigned by the Intake-Outreach Coordinator
1. Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time during working hours and on special occasions.
2. Ability to effectively utilize computer software programs with proven ability to have manual dexterity to maintain specific
databases and reports.
3. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
4. Excellent auditory, verbal and sensory skills and abilities.
Mental/ Visual Demand
1. High attention to detail involving normal mental and visual attention.
1. Professional business office setting.
Please apply in person or by mailing in your resume and cover letter to Square One, 1095 Main Street 2nd Floor; Springfield, MA 01105.
You may also e-mail your resume or cover letter to email@example.com
Square One is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Employer.
To Contact Us By Phone:
(413) 732-5183 Main Street/Administrative Offices
(413) 372-8020 King Street Location