1. Be at least 21 years of age with a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Ability to produce successfully completed a BRC check and valid driving record check through the Department of Motor Vehicles.
3. Excellent communications skills with staff, children, families and potential new clients.
4. Very organized with proficient computer skills in MS office.
5. Able to be punctual, dependable with the ability to work split shifts and meet operational needs.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Work in conjunction with the Transportation Manager to prepare and schedule vehicles for dispatch.
2. Assist Manager to ensure that all Drivers maintain security and safety of all vehicles at the end of the route shifts.
3. Coordinate Van Drivers routes daily and use auxiliary personnel to ensure all children are transported safely to and from their destinations. Maintain official route sheets and log records as required by EEC.
4. Provide back up for the Transportation Supervisor if unavailable.
5. Schedule Van Drivers and auxiliary personnel to meet the operational needs of the transportation department.
6. Effectively communicate with parents and/or guardians to address concerns or changes in pick up or drop offs, as applicable. Ensure that all communication is customer focused and done so in a professional and respectful manner.
7. Manage confidential information, record information and organize data relevant to meeting the criteria for obtaining and securing transportation services.
8. Able to multi-task and maintain good organization while focusing on meeting the ever changing needs of the transportation department.
9. Ensures that all vehicles have adequate inspections at the beginning and the end of each route and collect and document safety inspections.
10. Reports any mechanical failures, repair or maintenance needs, or supply replacement needs immediately to
the Transportation Manager or person in charge.
11. Collects daily mileage log and daily route reports from van drivers and maintains reports in an organized fashion.
12. Punctual, dependable and ability to work and schedule Van Drivers to meet the operational needs of the transportation department.
13. Contact the Corporate Office immediately when an emergency situation arises or you are made aware of such from another Van Driver.
14. Additional duties as assigned by the Transportation Manager.
To the Transportation Supervisor