Development & Communications Associate
- Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field, preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in marketing, communications and/or fund development, preferred.
- Excellent writing skills. Proficiency in AP writing style, preferred.
- Proficient in social media.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook with strong skills in conducting internet searches.
- Working knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures, including the use of standard office equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, business partners, donors, media and the general public both in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to organize own workflow, coordinate projects, set priorities, and accurately complete assignments within specified timeframes.
- Neat personal and professional appearance.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this position.
- In collaboration with the VP of Development, develop and implement a strategic plan for single and multi-year resource development efforts.
- Research and analyze agency, corporate, individual and foundation donor base and recommend solicitation strategies.
- Assist in preparation of proposals for corporate and agency support, using current cultivation and solicitation materials.
- Assist in planning of logistics for special events, including obtaining sponsorships and solicitation of gifts and preparing related printed materials for publication.
- Provide support for various fundraising projects/initiatives assigned by VP.
- Direct the maintenance and upgrades to the organizations website and public information communications.
- Assist in creation of all print and virtual public relations and marketing materials, including newsletters, social media and web-based information.
- Maintain donor and financial records in our donor database.
- Maintain communications database.
- Keep accurate records of Board cultivation, solicitation and donation activities.
- Coordinate and track volunteer efforts with early education and family services staff teams.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Increase visibility of agency’s development activities and maintain positive public relations.
- Grow and maintain social media presence.
- Maintain agency website information.
- Assist in design and development of public relations documents for use in the promotion of fundraising, and education the public, including press releases. Ensure the development and distribution of marketing documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To the Vice President of Development & Communication
To apply, please email resume to: Squareonejobs@sdn.org.