Billing & Payroll Manager
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ability to perform outlined tasks with minimum supervision.
- Ability to prioritize projects.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and record-keeping skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other applications
- Ability to adapt to changes in routine or schedule.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- AS Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree preferred AND/OR, three or more years’ experience in accounting/bookkeeping position.
- Experience with preparing and processing payroll.
- Experience with ADP software preferred.
- Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains appropriate knowledge of software including ADP, ProCare, and Blackbaud.
- Responsible for functions related to accounts receivable including: contract and miscellaneous billings, reconciliations and analysis.
- Responsible for all functions related to bi-weekly payroll, including recording entries in the Blackbaud Financial Edge software.
- Responsible for parent fee billing and collections including scholarship requests.
- Provide customer service to internal and external parties related to status of billing and payroll.
- Responsible for agency petty cash and tracking of credit card use.
- Assists with month-end and year-end closing process.
- Prepare monthly and annual lead schedules and supporting work papers related to payroll and AR.
- Prepare for and assist with the agency’s annual and other state agency audits.
- Serves as back up for all fiscal functions including accounts payable and parent billing.
- Filing and other miscellaneous office duties related to job function and as special projects as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00- $24.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Springfield, MA 01118: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person